Tuesday, March 10, 2009

5/28/08

I heard the rushed, hused tones seeping through the wall and resonating within. I stared at a crack in the wall that matched the crack in your voice. I was sure that the water that had stained and caused the paint to peel in that darkened corner was brought on by tears that had floated on up from my cheeks and the corners of my eyes. But then I realized it would only be possible if I was floating too.

The floorboards sighed ever so slightly as you made your way across the room to ask her to dance. The hushed tones now turned into screams, debating my fate the entire time.

The clock seemed to stop dead. Move in reverse even. Time did the same. Ignoring all rules and all common sense. I found myself stuck in a near continuous flashback.

It was never more noble to fight than now, but when the call comes it is vehemently denied because "right now" whets the appetite. Though it is known that right now will linger only a moment longer. But at the moment, it's all that's to be had. So presently it's enough. It has to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment