Tuesday, March 10, 2009

11/22/07

ifeless words speak to me poured out from broken lips. From a spirit that was once as bright as a sunrise against the Atlantic sky. They mean nothing to me. They mean nothing apart from eachother, but when they are provocatively strung together they create a symphony that is no match even for the world's finest orchestra. Yet they are still lifeless. They fall upon deaf ears. The emotion that colors them is not seen for it is borne upon blind eyes that refuse to see the truth.

I lost you so long ago.

Just as Fall is delicately slipping into Winter, you are slipping through my fingers quicker than I can begin to grasp what I had fought so hard for. Or at least I thought I was fighting.

In the back of my mind, I always knew that it was a losing battle. But I kept fighting nonetheless. It gave me some sense of purpose.

The moon filters ever so slightly through the shades on my window in between the hours of twilight and dawn.

I sigh to myself.

It gets easier. No it doesn't. But it has to. It's not.

The argument begins to rage inside my head for the millionth time.

I lay back on my pillow, fragments of tears escaping from clenched eyes, and give into the overwhelming sensation that I am on my own.

You are born not knowing what you are going into and you die not knowing what you are going into. What about the moments in between? What happens when you are lost? When you don't know what lies ahead, and what lies behind you is barely discernable. What do you do then?

No comments:

Post a Comment